Getting crashes errors, corruption of files and other similar problems occur time to time on Windows due to various factors such as incomplete system updates, software installations, outdated drivers and more. However, sometimes, certain Windows error occurs that does not cause any noticeable changes to the system. The windows event error cbspackageservicingfailure2 that we are talking about in this article is the issue of same nature. The only way to find this error is by going to the Windows logs.
The windows error reporting cbspackageservicingfailure2 is actually a result of a system problem caused due to Window update cache when it repeatedly downloads and installations. This error does not affect any regular use of the Windows. However, some says that the issue is reported due to software within system. In this case, so, you can open your Task Manager and check for the problem reported during the use.
If you don’t want to go through lengthy troubleshoot for the windows error reporting cbspackageservicingfailure2, you can employ PC Repair Tool, an automatic tool to scan the system and fix damaged system components, errors like BSODs, and registry issues. The tool will also work for optimizing system – it will free up your system space by clearing cookies and caches that would enhance the system performance. Below, you will find different manual solutions that you can try for the windows event error cbspackageservicingfailure2
Methods to fix windows event error cbspackageservicingfailure2
Method 1: Check for available updates
- Go to the Settings and click on Update & Security option,
- Click on Windows upgrade on the left and select Check for updates option,
- Your system will automatically check for the update and download and install it if any updates found.
Method 2: Repair corrupted files
- Open Command Prompt,
- Type in the following command and hit Enter,
- Restart your system,
- If there is any error appears, you should use the below command lines and hit Enter after each to get the possible fixes:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Method 3: Perform chkdsk scan
The windows error reporting cbspackageservicingfailure2 might occur because the disk got damaged. You can check for this to ensure via the steps below:
- Open Command Prompt as Admin,
- Use the command chkdsk c: /f (if you are using an HDD as your main driver) and chkdsk c: /f /r /x (if using SSD) and hit Enter,
- On receiving an error, type in Y and hit Enter,
- Restart your device the then to perform the check.
Method 4: Clear Windows Update Cache file
- Press and hold Win+ R, type in services.msc and hit OK,
- Navigate to Windows Update, right-click on it and choose disable,
- Now, in the search bar, type in cmd and choose run Command Prompt as administrator,
- Type in the below command and hit Enter:
ren C:\\Windows\\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
- now, enable the Windows Update Service disabled earler,
- Restart your PC the then and check if the problem persists.
Method 5: Update drivers
- Open Search bar, type in Device Manger and select Device Manager in the search results,
- Update all drivers one-by-one by manually going through them individually, right-clicking to their names and selecting the Update Driver Software,
- Select search automatically for updated driver software option so that the system automatically checks for the available updates,
- Restart your device when the drivers update installation process is complete and see the then if the windows event error cbspackageservicingfailure2 still appears.
Here, you can also use automatic driver updating tool that can checks for the needed drivers from its database and provides the updates for all drivers. This will ease your burden of manually updating each driver one-by-one separately.
Method 6: Clean Windows installations
If none of the methods work, use Media Creation tool and reinstall your Window (Since there is a risk of doing mistakes, better if you backup your data before that):
- Download Windows Installation media from official Microsoft website,
- Double-click on the installer to initiate its installation process,
- Open it and pick Create installation media (USB Flash drive, DVD or ISO file) for another PC option and select Next,
- Click on Use Recommended options for this PC and click on Next option,
- Choose ISO file and download it,
- After downloading, right-click on it and select Mount,
- Double-click on the setup.exe file,
- Accept the license terms, select keep my personal files and click install.
That’s all! We are now rounding up our article how to fix windows error reporting cbspackageservicingfailure2 issue. Hopefully, the aforementioned methods help you in getting the fix. if you don’t want to struggle with these manual steps, you can use all recommended, tested and approved PC Repair Tool by professionals to get the automatic result. Here is its direct downloading link.